All UK Mainland Deliveries FREE!

Domaine de la Solitude Les Vallons de la Solitude Chateauneuf-du-Pape Rouge 2021

£199.62
Current Price (inc. Tax)
6 bottle(s) at £33.27 per bottle.
In stock
SKU
AHD4615122A
 

Domaine de la Solitude Les Vallons de la Solitude Chateauneuf-du-Pape Rouge 2021

  • Country- France
  • Region- Rhone
  • Grape Varieties- Grenache Noir 60%, Counoise 15%, Syrah 15%, Cinsault 10%
  • Alcohol by volume- 14.5%
  • Body Value: C (A is light, E is full-bodied)
    Residual Sugar: 0
    Contains Sulphites: Yes
    Vegetarian/Vegan: Yes/Yes
    Milk/Eggs: No/No
    Organic: Yes
    Biodynamic: No
  • Case size 6 / 75cl
  • Producer- Domaine De La Solitude
  • Rich, smooth, and flavoursome with complex layers of black-berried fruit, brambly notes, a touch of the local wild garrigue, and gentle spice. Elegant yet sumptuous. An exceptionally early harvest, low yields and high quality characterise the 2022 vintage. The season started with a slightly early bud burst and a rainfall deficit, for which the dry and mild spring and the early, hot and dry summer never compensated. A mid-August storm helped to refresh the vines, and the Mistral wind that blew afterwards kept the vines healthy. Harvesting took place at peak ripeness, and the 2022 wines show rich colour and wonderful ageing potential.

Following selecting the best bunches, the grapes were meticulously sorted, destemmed and gently crushed before entering concrete fermentation tanks via gravity. The must underwent maceration, during which a gentle extraction took place to obtain velvety tannins. Fermentation occurred with wild yeasts; the wine was vinified with minimal intervention. 10% of the wine was aged in French oak barrels of first use for 15 months, imparting subtle complexity. The remaining 90% was matured in concrete tanks to retain the fruit's purity and the terroir's character.

Rich, smooth and flavoursome with complex layers of black-berried fruit, brambly notes, a touch of the local wild garrigue and gentle spice. Elegant yet sumptuous.

More Information
CountryFrance
BrandDomaine de la Solitude
Vintage2021
Bottles Per Case6
Bottle Size75
2 cases 10% offNo
Winery

This Domaine stretches from the ‘La Crau’ high terraces and descends into the Solitude Valley. The estate covers a patchwork of soils, from sandy soil known as ‘Safres’, which offer good drainage, to clay and pebble. The vineyard has an abundance of rounded quartzite stones, known as "Galet Roules", which derive from the Villafranchian period. These stones absorb heat during the day and then radiate it at night, promoting full grape maturity. The Provencal sun characterises the climate, with warm, dry summers and the Mistral winds that bring cleansing breezes through the vineyards. The vines are sustainably cultivated, and the grapes are manually harvested once each variety has reached phenological ripeness. 

Write Your Own Review
You're reviewing:Domaine de la Solitude Les Vallons de la Solitude Chateauneuf-du-Pape Rouge 2021

We recommend

Copyright © 2024 - Company Registration Number: 04771871