Eastern White Wine
Our suggestion for an Eastern White Wine is the Grace Wine Koshu Hishiyama Private Reserve
It has won the Platinum medal and Best Asia White Decanter World Wine Awards and is elegant, delicate, and ethereal.
A gentle wine with a strong, crisp freshness.
Passion and heritage has been passed down through the Bou Sleiman family for four generations. When Joseph Bou Sleiman took over the reins at Château Oumsiyat, he blended respect for local tradition with modern techniques to craft contemporary wines. A passionate vine grower, Joseph also built a modern winery in the village of Mtein, where he creates wines that are a fusion of Old World and New World. The grapes are grown in the 78 hectare vineyard, situated at over 1,000 metres elevation in the beautiful Bekaa Valley, between Mount Lebanon to the west and the Anti-Lebanon Mountains to the east. The altitude, microclimate and soils combine in this ancient terroir to produce fresh wines with a very Mediterranean “feel.”
Grace Wine was established in 1923, in the Katsunuma province, the birthplace of the Japanese wine industry. Committed to the belief that great wine is made in the vineyard, they were the first to research and introduce European training and pruning methods introducing such as using long cordon training and Vertical Shoot Positioning in 1990. The wines are made in a modern way to retain the delicate characteristics of this individual and exciting grape variety.
Kayra produces premium wines from the Anatolia region -considered to be the birthplace of wine- and is at the cutting edge of winemaking. The wines are made from unique local varieties as well as international ones. These ancient indigenous varieties are being vinified using modern techniques and are producing award-winning results. The vines are planted in the best sites; and the vineyards and wineries have been significantly invested in. The Elaziğ winery, located in Eastern Anatolia, was established in 1942 and is dedicated entirely to the production of red wines. The Şarköy Winery in Thrace was built in 1996 and embraces a cellar for 1,200 barrels, reserved for the ageing of special cuvées. Under the guidance of consultant winemaker Daniel O'Donnell, it is Kayra's aim to reveal the true potential of Turkey and to bring their rich history and generous spirit to lovers of fine wine.
- Grace Wine Private Reserve Koshu Yamanashi 20226 bottle(s) per case.£163.67 £136.39
- Grace Wine Private Reserve Koshu Hishiyama Yamanashi 20226 bottle(s) per case.£167.59 £139.66
- Grace Wine Koshu Kayagatake Yamanashi 20226 bottle(s) per case.£137.56 £114.63
- Chateau Oumsiyat Bekaa Valley Chardonnay 20226 bottle(s) per case.£107.51 £89.59
- Chateau Oumsiyat Bekaa Valley Sauvignon Blanc 20226 bottle(s) per case.£107.51 £89.59
- Chateau Ksara Merwah Bekaa Valley 20216 bottle(s) per case.£132.06 £110.05
- Save 16Chateau Ksara Blanc de l'Observatoire 20216 bottle(s) per case.Special Price £107.17 £89.31 Regular Price £128.14
- Kayra Anatolia Narince 20216 bottle(s) per case.£110.12 £91.77
- Kayra Buzbag Anatolia Emir Narince 20216 bottle(s) per case.£94.40 £78.67
- Chateau Ksara Cuvee du Pape Bekaa Valley Chardonnay 20186 bottle(s) per case.£172.87 £144.06