All UK Mainland Deliveries FREE!

Mas Gabinele Grenache Gris Herault 2018

£155.88
Current Price (inc. Tax)
6 bottle(s) at £25.98 per bottle.
In stock
SKU
AHD5711018A
 

Mas Gabinele Grenache Gris Herault 2018

  • Country- France
  • Region- Languedoc-Roussillon
  • Grape Varieties- Grenache Gris 100%
  • Alcohol by volume- 14%
  • Dry/Sweet value: 1 (1 is dry, 7 is very sweet)
    ResidualSugar: 1
    Contains Sulphites: Yes
    Vegetarian/Vegan: No/No
    Milk/Eggs: No/No
    Organic: No
    Biodynamic: No
  • Case size 6 / 75cl
  • Producer- Mas Gabinèle
  • Delicate jasmine, cherry blossom, and pink pepper aromas lead to a vibrant and refreshing palate of orchard fruits, concluding in delightful mineral tones. 2018 saw a rainy and cold winter, with snow on 28th February. This was followed by a cool and very wet spring, which provided challenges in the vineyard, ensuring the soils remained healthy. The incessant rain in spring contributed to yield loss. In contrast, the summer was hot and dry, and the vines experienced drought. Fortunately, the water soil reserves nourished the parched vines to enable them to reach excellent maturity, producing aromatic, concentrated juice. 

The grapes were carefully selected, immediately pressed and vinified at controlled temperatures. Fermentation took place with selected yeasts in stainless steel tanks for 90% of the harvest, to retain the purity of fruit. The remaining 10% was barrel-fermented in new French oak, imparting complexity and texture to the wine.

Delicate aromas of jasmine, cherry blossom and pink pepper lead to a vibrant and refreshing palate of orchard fruits, concluding in delightful mineral tones. 

More Information
CountryFrance
Vintage2018
Bottles Per Case6
Bottle Size75
2 cases 10% offNo
Winery

The 23-hectare estate is located in the Faugeres appellation in the Languedoc and is situated at 180 metres elevation, overlooking the village of Laurens. Grenache Gris is an ancient and unjustly forgotten variety, which is making a come-back. The old vines on the estate are between 30 and 60 years old, (some date back to 1958), and they produce concentrated, complex flavours from their deep root systems. Double Cordon Royat trained, they are planted in ochre, grey or blue sandstone and schist soils, with a fragile structure and this high quality but demanding terroir naturally produces low yields, of around 25hl/hectare. The Grenache Gris berries are fragile and need constant attention in the vineyard, to ensure they are well ventilated and reach optimal maturity. Although the grapes are grown in the Faugeres estate vineyard, this wine is labelled under the Herault appellation as it is 100% Grenache Gris, and the Faugeres appellation requirements stipulate white wines must contain 30% Roussanne.

Write Your Own Review
You're reviewing:Mas Gabinele Grenache Gris Herault 2018

We recommend

Copyright © 2024 - Company Registration Number: 04771871