All UK Mainland Deliveries FREE!

Matias Riccitelli Riccitelli & Father 2021

£372.43
Current Price (inc. Tax)
6 bottle(s) at £62.07 per bottle.
In stock
SKU
QHD5851321A
 

Matias Riccitelli Riccitelli & Father 2021

  • Country- Argentina
  • Region- Mendoza
  • Grape Varieties- Malbec 70%, Cabernet Franc 30%
  • Alcohol by volume- 14.5%
  • ResidualSugar: 1.8
    Contains Sulphites: Yes
    Vegetarian/Vegan: Yes/Yes
    Milk/Eggs: No/No
    Organic: No
    Biodynamic: No
  • Case size 6 / 75cl
  • A fine and stylish wine of great aromatic intensity, with a core of black fruits surrounded by licorice, spice, and floral notes. Remarkably balanced and deliciously smooth with firm, yet elegant tannins, this has a wonderful personality and an endless finish.
  • Winemaker: MatIas Riccitelli

This blend was made by Matias Riccitelli and his father Jorge, to showcase concentrated Malbec from ancient vineyards with the intensity that develops from Cabernet Franc grown in mountain soils. The grapes were meticulously selected by hand before vinification. 20% was vinified as a whole cluster, to impart structure and complexity, and the remaining 80% was destemmed. The grapes were fed by gravity into small French oak vats, where fermentation took place with indigenous yeasts at temperatures of between 26° and 28°C. Vinification took place without any additions and the cap was very gently submerged by hand to achieve a slow extraction of flavours, aromas, colour and tannins. The ageing continued in 2,000 litre oak foudres for 16 months, before being bottled without fining or filtration. 

A fine, intense and remarkably balanced wine showing great aromatic intensity, with a core of velvety black fruits together with red pepper and surrounded by liquorice, spice and floral notes. 

The Malbec comes from extremely old, low-yielding vines that were planted in 1927 and produce intensely concentrated fruit. The vineyard is located in Las Compuertas, Lujan de Cuyo, where the soils are made up of loamy clay over alluvial. The Cabernet Franc grapes are grown in the mountainous vineyard of Los Chacayes, in the Uco Valley, on boulder soils. The blend of these two regions and varieties produces a beautifully balanced wine; the intensely concentrated Malbec with the mountainous Cabernet Franc which lends freshness from the cooler altitudes. The grapes are hand-harvested at optimum maturity into small 20kg cases to preserve the quality of the fruit. The vineyards are in conversion to organic status, no herbicides are used and the vineyards are cultivated using ecologically friendly methods to respect the environment and the biodiversity of the vineyard.

Write Your Own Review
You're reviewing:Matias Riccitelli Riccitelli & Father 2021

We recommend

Copyright © 2024 - Company Registration Number: 3875876