All UK Mainland Deliveries FREE!

Chateau Grand Boise Blanc Cotes de Provence 2020

Regular Price (inc. Tax)
6 bottle(s) at £18.65 per bottle.
Current Price (inc. Tax) Save 11%
6 bottle(s) at £16.65 per bottle.
In stock

Chateau Grand Boise Blanc Cotes de Provence 2020

  • Country- France
  • Region- Provence
  • Grape Varieties- Vermentino 100%
  • Alcohol by volume- 12%
  • Case size 6 / 75cl
  • Producer- Château Grand Boise
  • A charming white Vermentino with zesty citrus flavours combined with lifted floral and herbal overtones and a touch of white stone fruit. Lively, with wonderful purity of fruit and a refreshing mineral finish.

The vines are planted in distinctive plots at altitudes ranging from 340 metres' elevation up to 640 metres above sea level in the  vineyard. The vines benefit from good sun exposure, tempered by the cooling effects of the altitude, which imparts a naturally refreshing character to the wine. 80% of the vines are planted with a northfacing orientation on clay, limestone soils; the clay element retains water and helps to nurture the vines throughout the warm, dry Mediterranean summers. The remaining 20% of the vineyards are south-facing, maximising sun exposure and are planted in the distinctive pink marble soil. This combination of terroirs gives Grand Boise its freshness, tension and depth. The vineyard is certified organic and farmed under biodynamic principles, with the viticultural methods carefully tailored to the requirements of each plot. Cereals and vegetables are grown among the vines to maintain the soil, keeping it aerated and bringing nitrogen and nourishment to the vines. The soils are horse ploughed to avoid compaction and the grapes are manually harvested.

Steeped in history, the Château Grande Boise was founded in 1610. The highest estate in Provence, it overlooks the Arc Valley and faces the imposing Mount Sainte-Victoire. The estate has only changed hands four times in its long history, and, from 2013 under
the current ownership, the estate has been restored to its former glory. The 90 plots of vines, which cover 45 hectares, are scattered throughout the 400 hectare hillside estate. Significant investments in the vineyard have involved 70% of the vines being
replanted under massal selection; organic and biodynamic farming, horse-drawn ploughing and manual cultivation of the vines. At Château Grande Boise, they believe that respecting nature is more than a philosophical position, it is a commitment.
Winemaker Olivier Dauga took over in 2010, and pledging to realise the potential of each plot, he skilfully crafts terroir-driven wines which truly reflect this magnificent estate.

Write Your Own Review
You're reviewing:Chateau Grand Boise Blanc Cotes de Provence 2020
Copyright © 2023 - Company Registration Number: 3875876