All UK Mainland Deliveries FREE!

Matias Riccitelli Tinto de la Casa Valle de Uco 2022

£168.58
Current Price (inc. Tax)
6 bottle(s) at £28.10 per bottle.
In stock
SKU
QHD5851922A
 

Matias Riccitelli Tinto de la Casa Valle de Uco 2022

  • Grapes Malbec
  • Country Argentina
  • Region Mendoza
  • Abv 14 %
  • ResidualSugar: 1.8
    Contains Sulphites: Yes
    Vegetarian/Vegan: Yes/Yes
    Milk/Eggs: No/No
    Organic: No
    Biodynamic: No
  • Case size 6 / 75cl
  • Floral notes, a touch of black pepper spice, and toasty spice. A treasure trove of black fruit flavors with Smooth tannins and balancing freshness through to an opulent long, satisfying finish.
2x cases 10% off

The grapes were fermented with 80% as whole bunches, which added complexity to the stalks, the remaining 20% were destemmed. Vinification took place in small French oak vats, with wild yeasts at controlled temperatures of 26 to 28°C. The cap was punched down twice daily, to extract the desired level of colour, flavour and structure. The wine was aged in the same French oak vats until the following vintage.

A complex and rich Malbec, with floral aromas, black pepper and toasty spice notes which are underpinned by a wealth of black fruit flavours. Opulent, with smooth tannins and balancing freshness through to a long, satisfying finish. 

This blend is the result of the co-fermentation of two Malbec sites. 50% of the grapes come from Las Compuertas, which is situated at 1,100 meters above sea level. The soils are one-metre deep loamy-clay with a rocky subsoil, which offers the vines excellent drainage. The remaining 50% comes from the premium viticultural area of Gualtallary, where the vines are planted at 1,400 meters above sea level on calcareous soils. The wines produced here have great freshness and a discernible spicy character. The grapes grow thicker skins at high altitudes to protect themselves against the UV rays, resulting in rich, concentrated wines. The ripe fruit is balanced by the acidity naturally retained at this cooler altitude.

Write Your Own Review
You're reviewing:Matias Riccitelli Tinto de la Casa Valle de Uco 2022

We recommend

Copyright © 2024 - Company Registration Number: 3875876