Vinedo Chadwick 2017

£842.04
Current Price (inc. Tax)
3 bottle(s) at £280.68 per bottle.

Also available In Bond.

To purchase an In Bond product, please supply your VAT ID and address during checkout.

£695.00
In-Bond Price
3 bottle(s) at £231.67 per bottle.
In stock
SKU
HATMEVCHR17T
 

Vinedo Chadwick 2017

100

points

James Suckling

“The pure fruit and juicy tannins are so succulent and enticing. Full body and soft, silky tannins. Complete. Everything is where it should be. Ripe fruit and tangy acidity provide energy and balance. Love the finish. Precise and fine-grained texture.”

Vinedo Chadwick 2017

A hot season accompanied by low yields delivered wines of outstanding ripeness and extraordinary concentration.
Harvesting early in the season produced a Viñedo Chadwick 2017 wine that stands out for its structure, along
with the intensity and depth of its fruit.
Our vineyard’s soils stored abundant water reserves due to the rains experienced from April 16 to July 30, which
totaled 260 mm, 70% higher than the average 153 mm for this period of time. Later on, during August and
September we witnessed the absence of rains, while average temperatures for these months were 9% and 15%
higher than historical averages respectively, triggering an anticipated bud break 14 days earlier than the usual
dates.
Given the slightly warmer temperatures in early spring, flowering occurred on November 3, getting ahead in 10
days compared to average records. The rest of spring followed the pattern of hot and sunny days, reaching a heat
summation 19% higher than our historical records. Veraison was completed on December 31, following the trend
of 10 days of anticipation that the vineyard was performing since flowering. As the season progressed, we were
surprised by December rains that totaled 28 mm. This refreshing recess for our vines was followed by a hot and
dry January, recording an absolute maximum temperature of 37°C.
In general, average yields for Cabernet Sauvignon were only 3 tons per hectare (average season yields 5 – 6 tons
per hectare). Low yields are explained by the poor induction of the buds due to low temperatures and low sunlight

Grapes were handpicked during the early morning hours and transported to the winery in small 15-kg boxes. We followed
the progress of ripeness through aerial pictures, which allowed us to identify homogeneous lots and differentiate harvest
moments according to each case.
On arrival at the winery, the grapes were carefully inspected on a double sorting table to remove vegetal remains and
damaged berries. Fermentation took place between 24°C and 28ºC, 40% in small-volume stainless steel tanks and
60% in concrete tanks. Depending on the desired level of extraction, the wine underwent up to three daily pumpovers.
To enhance its aromas and colours, the maceration time was of 18 to 30 days, depending on the individual development
of each lot. 80% of the wine was moved to new French oak barrels and the remaining 20% to Stockinger foudres, where
it underwent malolactic fermentation and was kept for 22 months. Clarification and stabilization occurred in a natural
way during this period.
Tasting Notes
“The pure fruit and juicy tannins are so succulent and enticing. Full body and soft, silky tannins. Complete. Everything
is where it should be. Ripe fruit and tangy acidity provide energy and balance. Love the finish. Precise and fine-grained
texture.”
- James Suckling, awarding 100 points to Viñedo Chadwick 2017, April 2019
“Viñedo Chadwick 2017 displays a beautiful, bright ruby red color with violet shimmer. Elegant, full of subtleties, very
vivid and fresh on the nose, with aromas of fruit reminiscent of currant, cassis and raspberry, featuring a diaphanous wine
with crystalline purity and of great complexity. On the palate, fresh red fruit reminiscent of cherry, raspberry and
strawberry star the first entry, followed by cassis, licorice and subtle notes of cloves and cedar. Fresh and intense,
its magnificent tannins caresses the palate with great finesse, elegance and persistence, auguring a delightful
ageing potential.”

More Information
Bottles Per Case 3
Call for Price No
Price View Price Range
Vintage 2017
Write Your Own Review
You're reviewing:Vinedo Chadwick 2017
Copyright © 2020 - Company Registration Number: 3875876