Caliterra Cenit 2014

 

£259.56
Regular Price (inc tax)
6 bottle(s) at £43.26 per bottle.
Out of stock
SKU
HAT130-1

Caliterra Cenit 2014

Deep violet-red colour with ruby rims, the 2014 Cenit has a more austere and myserious expression than its former versions. It is elegant and complex on the nose, showing forest fruits such as blueberries and redcurrents, mineral touches, dry fruits such as almonds, and spices like grey pepper, along with gentle notes of violets that make a great closure to this wine. It feels elegant and deep on the palate, with notes of sour cherries and wild raspberries that show up to complement this complex wine from Colchagua. Its vibrant acidity and great structure allow predicting a nice ageing and a long-lasting life.

Caliterra Cenit 2014

Deep violet-red colour with ruby rims, the 2014 Cenit has a
more austere and myserious expression than its former
versions. It is elegant and complex on the nose, showing
forest fruits such as blueberries and redcurrents, mineral
touches, dry fruits such as almonds, and spices like grey
pepper, along with gentle notes of violets that make a great
closure to this wine. It feels elegant and deep on the palate,
with notes of sour cherries and wild raspberries that show up
to complement this complex wine from Colchagua. Its vibrant
acidity and great structure allow predicting a nice ageing and
a long-lasting life.
Vineyard
The grapes used for this wine were sourced from selected
lots from the Caliterra Estate in the Colchagua Valley. The
Caliterra estate is located 200 km (125 miles) south of
Santiago and 60 km (37 miles) from the coast at 150 metres
(500 feet) above sea level. The vineyard is vertically trained,
spur pruned, and drip irrigated. The Coastal Mountains are
lower in Colchagua than anywhere else in the country
allowing cool ocean breezes to enter the valley every
afternoon, resulting in hot days and cool nights during the
ripening season. The high diurnal temperature difference,
triggers accumulation of polyphenolics and antocyanins
delivering wines with intense colour and structure.
Winemaking
85% of the wine is fermented in 3rd use barrels while the other 15% is fermented in stainless
steel tanks. 100% of the wine is then aged for 33 months in french oak barrels, of which 64% are
new.
Vintages
The 2014 vintage at Caliterra was shaped by a warm summer, with large diurnal temperature
differences. The late summer was especially mild, which enabled the gradual ripening of the
grapes, resulting in the production of wines with very good colour and fresh acidity.
Food match
Grilled and Roasted Red Meats

Grapes
44% Malbec
44% Petit Verdot
14% Syrah
Region/Appellation
Colchagua Valley
Alcohol by volume
14.0%
Residual Sugar
1.97 g/l
pH
3.58
Total Acidity
0.70 g/l

More Information
Bottles Per Case 6
Vintage 2014
Write Your Own Review
You're reviewing:Caliterra Cenit 2014
Copyright © 2020 - Company Registration Number: 3875876