Domaines Minchin La Tour Saint Martin Pommerais Menetou-Salon 2020

£119.28
Current Price (inc. Tax)
6 bottle(s) at £19.88 per bottle.
In stock
SKU
ZXHD5084120A
 

Domaines Minchin La Tour Saint Martin Pommerais Menetou-Salon 2020

Country - France

Region - Loire

Grape Varieties - Pinot Noir 100%

Alcohol by volume - 12.5%

Bottle - 75cl

Producer - Domaine Minchin

Tasting notes - Rich and complex aromas of deep red cherries and wild strawberries are underpinned by mineral notes and a hint of liquorice. Silky smooth on the palate, with delicate fruity notes enveloped in a beautifully balanced structure. 

Domaines Minchin La Tour Saint Martin Pommerais Menetou-Salon 2020

Rich and complex aromas of deep red cherries and wild
strawberries are underpinned by mineral notes and a hint
of liquorice. A silky smooth Pinot Noir with beautiful
balance.
Producer Note
Domaines Minchin is located in the heart of the Loire Valley. Having studied oenology
at Beaune and Dijon, Bertrand Minchin acquired his first vineyards in the village of
Morogues over 20 years ago, planting them with eight hectares of Sauvignon Blanc
and seven of Pinot Noir. Today with an established reputation for quality, the estate has
doubled in size to 17 hectares in Menetou-Salon and a further 14 in Valençay. The
modern winery incorporates the latest technology and Bertrand is hand-crafting awardwinning wines that are on a par with the finest Sancerre.
Vineyard
The grapes come from a single vineyard ‘Pommerais’ in the appellation of MenetouSalon, which is situated in the eastern part of the Loire Valley. Domaines Minchin is
certified by Haute Valeur Environmentale and the vineyards are managed according
to a strict sustainable philosophy, known as la Lutte Raisonnée. The vineyard is planted
with grass, and the soil is tilled and worked to ensure the health and vigour of the vine,
while encouraging beneficial biodiversity. Debudding takes place in spring along with
careful canopy management in summer, including thinning, which encourages the
grapes to reach optimal ripeness and concentrates the flavours in the berries.
Winemaking
The grapes were harvested by hand at optimum maturity, destemmed and crushed by
pneumatic press. Fermentation was carried out in temperature controlled tanks.
Following fermentation, the wine was aged on its lees in oak vats for eight months; of
which 80% spent its maturation in cone-shaped oak tanks, and the remaining 20% was
in oak barrels.
Tasting Note
Rich and complex aromas of deep red cherries and wild strawberries are underpinned
by mineral notes and a hint of liquorice. Silky smooth on the palate, with delicate fruity
notes enveloped in a beautifully balanced structure.
Grape
Pinot Noir 100%
Winemaker: Bertrand Minchin
Region: Loire
Subregion: Menetou-Salon
Country: France
Alcohol: 13.5%

More Information
Bottles Per Case 6
Call for Price No
Price View Price Range
Vintage 2020
Write Your Own Review
You're reviewing:Domaines Minchin La Tour Saint Martin Pommerais Menetou-Salon 2020
Copyright © 2020 - Company Registration Number: 3875876