Cantina San Marzano Primitivo di Manduria Riserva DOC Anniversario 62 Puglia 2013 View larger

Cantina San Marzano Primitivo di Manduria Riserva DOC Anniversario 62 Puglia 2013

5202913A

New

A densely flavoured wine with hints of prunes and chocolate covered black cherry combined with fresh herbs, quite delicious.

Awards Silver, DWWA, 2017

Silver, SWA, 2017

More details

£ 139.70

£ 23.29 per bottle

Data sheet

Vintage2013
Bottle/Unit SizeCase of 6 Bottles
Bottle Size75cl
Case Size6 Bottles

More info

A densely flavoured wine with hints of prunes and chocolate covered black cherry combined with fresh herbs, quite delicious.
Producer Note
In 1962, 19 vine growers from San Marzano whose families had farmed the land for generations, combined their efforts to establish 'Cantine San Marzano'. Through the decades this cooperative has grown significantly, attracting over 1,200 vine growers. Using modern and technologically advanced vinification techniques they produce elegant wines that pay homage to the ancient Apulian wine traditions. The fusion of time honoured tradition, passion and contemporary techniques, enables this winery to produce wines with distinctive varietal and regional characteristics while reflecting the local terroir. In the Sommelier Wine Awards, San Marzano was awarded European Producer of the Year 2017. Vineyard
The grapes are produced in very old vineyards selected in San Marzano and Sava, planted at a density of 5000 bush vines per hectare. The soil is mainly red with a fine texture and is generally calcareous with few emerging rocks. The well-known redness of these soils is due to the presence of iron oxides. The climate is characterised by high temperatures all year round, very little rainfall and a wide diurnal temperature ranges, which has a positive influence on the quality of the grapes. This is the central area of D.O.P. "Primitivo di Manduria". The harvest takes place during the second half of September. Winemaking
The grapes were hand-harvested once they had reached an advanced state of ripening. 80% of the must was macerated for a period of 18 days, with the remaining 20% being macerated for slightly longer- 25 days, gaining complexity and layering in the final wine. The thermo-controlled alcoholic fermentation took place at temperatures of 24 to 26°C. The wine was then matured for 18 months in fine French and American wood barrels. Tasting Note
Deep and complex flavours of prunes, black cherry, spice and tobacco weave through the full bodied palate with its velvety texture and long, savoury finish. Quite delicious. Serving Suggestion
The perfect partner with red meat, game and savoury first courses.

Country - Italy

Region - Apulia

Grape Varieties - Primitivo 100%

Alcohol by volume - 14.5%

Bottle - 75cl

Producer - San Marzano

Tasting notes - Deep and complex flavours of prunes, black cherry, spice and tobacco weave through the full bodied palate with its velvety texture and long, savoury finish. Quite delicious.

Awards Silver, DWWA, 2017

Silver, SWA, 2017

Cantina San Marzano Primitivo di Manduria Riserva DOC Anniversario 62 Puglia 2013

Reviews

No customer comments for the moment.

Write a review

Cantina San Marzano Primitivo di Manduria Riserva DOC Anniversario 62 Puglia 2013

Cantina San Marzano Primitivo di Manduria Riserva DOC Anniversario 62 Puglia 2013

A densely flavoured wine with hints of prunes and chocolate covered black cherry combined with fresh herbs, quite delicious.

Awards Silver, DWWA, 2017

Silver, SWA, 2017

Write a review

30 other products in the same category: