Cantina San Marzano Vindoro Negroamaro Salento 2015


£20.51

One Case ( 6 Bottles ): £123.06

VAT included

Country - Italy

Region - Apulia

Grape Varieties - Negroamaro 100%

Alcohol by volume - 14.5%

Bottle - 75cl

Producer - San Marzano

Tasting notes - Deep in colour, this velvety rich wine has aromas of black cherry jam, soft ripe fruits and a hint of spice. Full bodied and powerful, yet balanced, it is rich in fine tannins, with a pleasantly long lasting finish.

Awards
Gold, DWWA, 2018
Silver, IWSC, 2018

No of Cases

  • Secure Card Payments Secure Card Payments
  • Specialist Fragile Delivery Service Specialist Fragile Delivery Service
  • Temperature Controlled Storage for Exquisite Taste Temperature Controlled Storage for Exquisite Taste

Discreet aromas of black cherry jam prelude a powerful
and velvety flavour of super ripe fruit.
Producer Note
In 1962, 19 vine growers from San Marzano whose families had farmed the land for
generations, combined their efforts to establish 'Cantine San Marzano'. Through the
decades this cooperative has grown significantly, attracting over 1,200 vine growers.
Using modern and technologically advanced vinification techniques they produce
elegant wines that pay homage to the ancient Apulian wine traditions. The fusion of
time honoured tradition, passion and contemporary techniques, enables this winery
to produce wines with distinctive varietal and regional characteristics while reflecting
the local terroir. In the Sommelier Wine Awards, San Marzano was awarded
European Producer of the Year 2017.
Vineyard
The grapes are grown at selected vineyards located between San Marzano and
Francavilla Fontana. The climate is characterised by high temperatures all year
round, with very little rainfall and a wide diurnal temperature range which positively
influences the quality of the grapes. The soil is mainly terra rossa, with a fine texture
and a generally calcareous underground with a few emerging rocks. The well-known
reddish colour of this soil is due to the high presence of iron oxide. The manual
harvests take place during the last week of September.
Winemaking
80% of the must was macerated for 18 days, with the remaining 20% being
macerated for 25 days. A thermo-controlled alcoholic fermentation with
autochthonous yeasts took place at 24 °C. The wine was then aged in French and
Caucasian oak barrels for 12 months, prior to release.
Tasting Note
Deep in colour, this velvety rich wine has aromas of black cherry jam, soft ripe fruits
and a hint of spice. Full bodied and powerful, yet balanced, it is rich in fine tannins,
with a pleasantly long lasting finish.
Serving Suggestion
Ideal with savoury first courses, red meat, game and pecorino cheese.
Grape
Negroamaro 100%

Awards
Gold, DWWA, 2018
Silver, IWSC, 2018

5203715A
17 Items

Data sheet

Vintage
2015
Bottle Size
75cl
Case Size
6 Bottles
Region
Apulia

No customer reviews for the moment.

Write your review

Cantina San Marzano Vindoro Negroamaro Salento 2015

Country - Italy

Region - Apulia

Grape Varieties - Negroamaro 100%

Alcohol by volume - 14.5%

Bottle - 75cl

Producer - San Marzano

Tasting notes - Deep in colour, this velvety rich wine has aromas of black cherry jam, soft ripe fruits and a hint of spice. Full bodied and powerful, yet balanced, it is rich in fine tannins, with a pleasantly long lasting finish.

Awards
Gold, DWWA, 2018
Silver, IWSC, 2018

Write your review