Eden Road The Long Road Pinot Noir Tumbarumba 2013


£18.41

One Case ( 6 Bottles ): £110.46

VAT included

Country - Australia

Region - Southern New South Wales

Grape Varieties - Pinot Noir 100%

Alcohol by volume - 13%

Bottle - 75cl

Producer - Eden Road

Tasting notes - This is an expressive Pinot Noir that displays intensity and lifted aromas of red cherries and clove spice. The palate is concentrated in bright red fruits, plum and warm spice showing smooth acidity and good structure. This is an expressive Pinot Noir displaying aromas of red cherries and clove spice. The palate is concentrated in bright red fruits, plum and warm spice showing smooth acidity and good structure.

No of Cases

  • Secure Card Payments Secure Card Payments
  • Specialist Fragile Delivery Service Specialist Fragile Delivery Service
  • Temperature Controlled Storage for Exquisite Taste Temperature Controlled Storage for Exquisite Taste

This is an expressive Pinot Noir displaying aromas of red
cherries and clove spice. The palate is concentrated in
bright red fruits, plum and warm spice showing smooth
acidity and good structure.
Producer Note
Located in Murrumbateman in the Canberra Wine District, boutique winery Eden
Road was established in 2008 by businessman Chris Coffman. It made an immediate
and stunning impact by winning the ‘Jimmy Watson Award’ for its first vintage of The
Long Road Shiraz (2008), Australia’s most prized wine accolade. These elegant and
refined wines are produced from some of Australia's highest vineyards in the
emerging region of Australia's 'High Country'. The unique combination of altitude
and some of the world's oldest soils, which were formed over 400 million years ago,
has resulted in a highly prized collection of original and exciting wines. New
winemaker Celine Rousseau has devoted 17 years to working in the 'High Country'
and has developed a strong understanding and passion for these cool climate
vineyards and their wines.
Vintage
2013 was a perfect vintage, not too hot and not too cold. Across the board, there
was great natural acidity yet there was enough sunshine to achieve full ripeness.
Vineyard
Eden Road works towards natural management in the vineyards with minimum
intervention in terms of spraying, but hard work in terms of manually tending the
vines and managing the soils. They follow organic viticulture where possible and all
vines are hand-picked. The fruit is sourced from two vineyards: a 30 year old vineyard
in Maragle, situated at 405 metres above sea level and a 28 year old vineyard in
Courabyra, situated at an altitude of 740 metres. The final blend represents a classic
expression of high altitude Tumbarumba Pinot Noir. Both vineyards are cropped at
eight tonnes per hectare, with canopy management and balanced yields.
Winemaking
25% of the fruit was whole bunch fermented and the remaining 75% was
destemmed. The fermentation took place over 14 days and was then gently pressed
to French barriques, of which 10% were new, for a period of 12 months.
Tasting Note
This is an expressive Pinot Noir that displays intensity and lifted aromas of red cherries
and clove spice. The palate is concentrated in bright red fruits, plum and warm
spice showing smooth acidity and good structure.
Serving Suggestion
Can be served slightly chilled and is a great match for pink lamb or seared tuna
Grape
Pinot Noir 100%

Eden Road
5481613A
20 Items

Data sheet

Vintage
2013
Bottle Size
75cl
Case Size
6 Bottles

No customer reviews for the moment.

Write your review

Eden Road The Long Road Pinot Noir Tumbarumba 2013

Country - Australia

Region - Southern New South Wales

Grape Varieties - Pinot Noir 100%

Alcohol by volume - 13%

Bottle - 75cl

Producer - Eden Road

Tasting notes - This is an expressive Pinot Noir that displays intensity and lifted aromas of red cherries and clove spice. The palate is concentrated in bright red fruits, plum and warm spice showing smooth acidity and good structure. This is an expressive Pinot Noir displaying aromas of red cherries and clove spice. The palate is concentrated in bright red fruits, plum and warm spice showing smooth acidity and good structure.

Write your review